Turn your offline surface into an online input- without expensive, dedicated hardware or complex licenses.
What’s a content camera?
We’ve seen expressions like “content camera” and “whiteboard capture” used interchangeably. While they’re not entirely the same they do have one thing in common: they’re both represented in ShareTheBoard!
The term “whiteboard capture” is usually employed by manufacturers of specialized cameras, physically installed over whiteboards. The term “content camera” is similar but, in a way, the opposite: it refers to the ability to share content – usually from a physical whiteboard – during a video conference. You may have seen online apps or hardware providers encourage you to also purchase a dedicated camera to deliver this feature. Though sooner or later these conferencing providers may move beyond their hardware requirements, they’ll do what they can to keep you in their licensing ecosystem. ShareTheBoard offers you content camera capabilities without the hardware, the price tag, or the long-term contracts.
Big business often means big bills
Large software and hardware providers often attempt to lock you in to expensive licenses and complex plans (not to mention dedicated hardware), while making trials troubling.
Enjoy content camera capabilities that don’t break the bank
With ShareTheBoard, everyone can afford a content camera:
- No expensive installation or dedicated conferencing hardware required – ever.
- Interested in a trial? Be our guest – it’ll take you less than 60 seconds.
- As a software solution, ShareTheBoard can be scaled up or down effortlessly.
- Do it all at a fraction of the cost of the big business option.
Does that camera truly provide content?
If your content camera simply amplifies text is it actually capturing content? Big business content camera features still require you to transfer handwritten content by hand or by phone. This is both inefficient and a potential security problem.
Try a content camera that actually captures content
With ShareTheBoard, your content is more than just amplified:
- Everything you write is digitized in real time
- All contents can be streamed to your audience, giving them a front row seat to your shared surface
- Everyone in your meeting can easily save digitized contents or upload them to a 3rd-party app
- Your participants can even contribute content of their own (scroll down for more details)
Using big business solutions often requires you to be bound to a single ecosystem – that’s the business model. That can be particularly painful when your “content camera” doesn’t provide ways to actually interact with content.
A complete content camera, with no limitations
ShareTheBoard gives you a true content camera, with no strings attached:
- With digital annotations, your remote viewers can add directly to your board
- Certain content cameras support only whiteboards. With ShareTheBoard you can share blackboards, flip charts, notebooks – anything you write on.
- As a Web app, ShareTheBoard requires no installation and can be used with any software or platform your organization uses.
- No short-list of approved hardware – just add (any) laptop (and soon, any smartphone!)
Making an impact
where it counts
I turned on the app and instantly fell in love. I pointed my camera at my desk and literally shared a piece of paper. I just wrote and pointed, as if the other person was looking at the sheet with me – it was all so… natural.Paweł Kisiel, D.O.O. at FPWD